Carthage Specialty Paperboard
In 1890 the mill opened as Champion Pulp and Sulphite Company. It underwent quite a few name changes before finally becoming Carthage Specialty Paperboard in 2013. They are the only secondary fiber mill in North America dedicated to serving a diverse range of markets from pulp-substitute specialty paperboard to industrial grade chip-boards. Over 96% of their paper-boards are made from 100% recycled fiber saving valuable natural resources and landfill space while also utilizing clean energy alternatives like hydro-electrical generation and co-generation technologies.
This scholarship was established in 1988 and is awarded to a child of a current employee. Preference is given to a freshman.